Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take on policing in the UK vs the US
(07-13-2016, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Which reinforces we have a love of guns problem in this country.

I wasn't talking about gun control...at all.  I was opining that where the do not have as many guns the police handle things differently and usually with less violence.

You weren't talking about gun control?  Like I said, disingenuous.

Quote:SSF blamed drugs...which, again, had nothing to do with the story in post one.

But don't tell SSF...he'll "fix" it for you.

Translation, SSF says what he really thinks instead of obfuscating and hiding behind a thin veneer of BS.  I also offer potential solutions instead of lamenting our current status in a sadly maudlin display like others I might mention.

(07-13-2016, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bad day pushing paper?  Those are tough on me sometimes too.

I'm just sticking with the topic of post one...not "fixing" posts to change the subject.

We are staying on topic.  You brought this up to discuss your two favorite subjects.  I simply obliged you.  I'm accommodating that way.

Quote:If you want to talk about how drugs influence violent crime (pssst...alcohol is worse) or anything else feel free to in another thread.

You make this so easy I honestly feel bad sometimes.  Is violent crime related to alcohol consumption (which btw thanks to tipping me off to this, it's brand new information to me) due to the drugs consumption or it's sale?  Now ask yourself the same question about every illegal drug.  With the exception of PCP the answer should, if you're not being disingenuous, make the point clear to you.  BTW, who's changing the topic now?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take on policing in the UK vs the US - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-13-2016, 10:29 AM