Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take on policing in the UK vs the US
(07-13-2016, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So this statement, plus, we love us some guns in America, doesn't equal a thread about guns and the benefits of not having them in our society?  The logic pretzels you tie yourself into are amazing.

They are both true statements. And the post, as cited in the title of the thread is about policing differences between the two countries as described in the article.

A lack of fear of guns is part of the article.

What it does not equal is a post about "gun control".

Which I have never championed...but you can choose to believe differently.

(07-13-2016, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except literally in this post you said it did.  Your topic, by your own admission, is that a lack of guns equals a better environment.  You then doubled down with the US loves it's guns comment.  Pointing out that the vast majority of gun related homicides are caused by the drug trade is a perfectly reasonable counter response to those not in need of medical attention.

OH, SSF...you are funny. By "my own admission" I said in a country with many fewer guns the police are trained differently. And an emphasis on dealing with suspects as people is greater.

And we do have a love of guns in this country. That statement just set off your tic about "gun control".

(07-13-2016, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, I thought you just said it was the lack of guns that enabled this training.  Let me scroll up about three lines.  Yup, that's exactly what you said.

And? Oh! You think that kind of training can't be done UNLESS there is a lack of guns? Weird. I didn't know everything was either/or with you.

(07-13-2016, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, you have a serious reading comprehension problem hermano.

Well, maybe you can explain how you saying:

Quote:Is violent crime related to alcohol consumption (which btw thanks to tipping me off to this, it's brand new information to me) due to the drugs consumption or it's sale?

...not you saying drug consumption or drug sales are behind the alcohol behind the violent crime.

(07-13-2016, 11:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do think you're disingenuous, because you consistently demonstrate this quality.  You also just exhibited a disturbing lack of skill in regards to the English language.  Hopefully that's more of a one off.

I think you think because I disagree with your points, or more likely because you think you are always right, I am disingenuous when I ask questions or have a more flexible view of things.

For example I do think less guns would be a good thing. I do not think we need more laws to have more gun control in this country.

I do think better training on how to deal with people for officers would be a good thing. I do not think that would solve all the problems.

You can think about things in more than one way sometimes. And that apparently means to some that if you aren't rock solid in your beliefs at every moment you are serious.

Funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take on policing in the UK vs the US - GMDino - 07-13-2016, 11:36 AM