Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Go! and the Holocaust Museum
(07-13-2016, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has been paying attention to this, but the Holocaust Museum in DC has had to ask people not to play inside. Arlington National Cemetery has also made the request.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/07/12/holocaust-museum-to-visitors-please-stop-catching-pokemon-here/

Now, this is an interesting topic, but this particular image is the one I find most cringe worthy, and I hope is not real.

[Image: CnE5yTbXYAAsoPF.jpg]

The article mentions this, it's a Pokemon that apparently emits a gas, and it's in a room where there are testimonials of gas chamber survivors.

From what I understand about the game is that the pokemon are randomly generated, and they can pop up anywhere. I think that public places are "hot spots" for the pokemon to spawn too. So, I think that museum is a hot spot (and that graveyard), and the person who took that screen shot probably waited until that exact pokemon showed up. This seems to me like people are just reaching.

But I honestly don't know the exact details, because the last time I played Pokemon was in 1999 when I was a kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Go! and the Holocaust Museum - Brownshoe - 07-13-2016, 12:54 PM