Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Go! and the Holocaust Museum
(07-13-2016, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has been paying attention to this, but the Holocaust Museum in DC has had to ask people not to play inside. Arlington National Cemetery has also made the request.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/07/12/holocaust-museum-to-visitors-please-stop-catching-pokemon-here/

Now, this is an interesting topic, but this particular image is the one I find most cringe worthy, and I hope is not real.

[Image: CnE5yTbXYAAsoPF.jpg]

The article mentions this, it's a Pokemon that apparently emits a gas, and it's in a room where there are testimonials of gas chamber survivors.
What the **** is wrong with people? That museum is so powerful that it almost ruins your day. It certainly changes your mood.

I was in DC two months after 9/11. I was watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington. I was kinda zoned out looking at the Pentagon, and thinking how that guard had to be standing there and stoically watch the plane crash. All of the sudden the guard just yelled at these people who were chatting it up during the ceremony. I got a kick out of it, but it was disrespectful to the umpteenth degree.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Go! and the Holocaust Museum - jason - 07-13-2016, 01:02 PM