Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game
(07-13-2016, 11:52 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I watched Aaron Donald at Notre Dame and was hoping he would fall to us so we could put him next to
Geno. I have seen the guy play and like i said he is a fine DT, he is not the penetrating pass rushing DT
that Geno is. This is my opinion.

I watch every team including the Rams and this does not change this.

Funny how you are such a homer of certain players on this team that don't deserve it and seem like a
hater on others that do deserve praise like Atkins.

I love both Atkins and Burfict and am proud to have both on my team but in the end i truly believe that
Atkins makes a bigger impact. Burfict is the brains behind the Defense, so you are correct about that and
that Donald is a very good DT. I just disagree that he is better than Atkins.

Geno opens it up for Carlos Dunlap. I heard at one time we had the two highest sack DL players in the
NFL last year with these two.

Atkins is better than Donald as a pass rusher, but not by a lot. The thing is being a DT isn't all about rushing the passer. It's about stopping the run too, and Donald does that a lot better. That's why Donald is better than Atkins. Donald can keep up with Atkins against the pass and is better against the run.

I back up all of my opinions with good evidence that supports my claim to any player I am a "homer" for and a "hater" for. It's not like I blindly hate or prop people up. I watch almost every game for every team in the league for the past few years, so I have a lot of exposure with other teams and players, so that's how I form my opinions about them.

I love both Atkins and Burfict too, but I just think that Burfict is a much bigger piece for our defense than Atkins is, and I have shown you evidence to back that up. Without Burfict the defense has a massive hole in it. The team is horrible against the run without him, and he gets the defense set on the field. It seems like everyone on defense plays better with him on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game - Brownshoe - 07-13-2016, 01:18 PM