Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-15-2016, 09:10 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Kinda hard to use the Dallas shootings as the person was actually targeting those with guns in the first place. 

No, it should definitely be included. It shows that the presence of firearms is not necessarily a deterrent to someone who is set on carrying out a mass shooting, nor is it guaranteed to stop one. I understand what you are saying, because statistically it would be an outlier when looking at the data in certain ways, but when looking at it based on the presence of firearms among the victims it is anything but.

(07-15-2016, 09:10 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I know we have seen shooting in gun free zones, but not to the same level of carnage as the soft targets. 

I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

(07-15-2016, 09:10 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: In SC there was a guy that attempted to go into a night club just like Orlando, the difference is that he was dropped after firing off a few shots by a concealed carry holder.

Indeed, and this sort of thing has occurred in other places. There have also been instances where there was someone carrying, or multiple people carrying, and the shooter killed themselves or the police killed them. There have been situations where someone carrying may have killed the shooter, but also created another victim.

So many of these events don't hit the news cycles as hard and/or can be difficult to find years later, but these things have happened. The evidence is not substantial enough to show any causal relationship between gun free zones and mass shootings.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Belsnickel - 07-15-2016, 09:46 AM