Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-15-2016, 03:44 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I don't live in a state of irrational fear either.  Being armed and avoiding places that prevent me from being armed is not irrational fear as much as it is prudence.

Why do you feel the need to be armed if not the fear of needing your firearm? How reasonable is it to assume you will need your firearm in your everyday life? I know it is not reasonable to assume such a thing in mine. Thus it would be irrational for me to fear that I would need a firearm in my daily life.

(07-15-2016, 03:44 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Since you are so brave, just walk down the streets of Chicago waving money around.  Do you think yourself brave or foolish if you did that?

Bravery is not necessarily the absence of fear, but overcoming it. That being said, it would not be irrational to have fear of something happening if you displayed large sums of cash in a high crime area. It is, however, irrational for me to fear needing my firearm while grocery shopping at my usual store, going to church, going out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, etc.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Belsnickel - 07-15-2016, 05:14 PM