Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-15-2016, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you consider a quote that includes the modifier "practically" to illustrate exclude (to shut or keep out; prevent the entrance of); that is your choice.

Well, if you're talking definitions...

prac·ti·cal·ly/ˈpraktək(ə)lē/

adverb
  1. virtually; almost.
  2. in a practical manner.
And then "As a result, Japan is “a country without Muslims”."

Then, yeah, I'm seeing some similarities there between the author calling it 'practically (virtually, almost) a country without Muslims,' "a country without Muslims" and "excluding Muslims." I honestly don't understand your point unless you're just being obtuse for the hell of it or you don't understand that using 3,000 words to say they're 'almost without Muslims by choice' is summed up by three words: they exclude Muslims.

Which is misleading.

mis·lead/misˈlēd/

verb
  1. cause (someone) to have a wrong idea or impression about someone or something.

Quote:I asked you was immigration of Muslims limited in Japan, you somehow tried to make that a "no" because all immigration is limited. 

Your question — and the article cited to support it — are misleading.

All immigration is limited. It's not secular.

Quote:Did I ask were they more limited?

in·fer/inˈfər/

verb
  1. deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.

Quote:You are trying real hard to find a way to say no.

No.

See, I can say that easily.

Quote:You didn't answer the assimilation question so I'll try one last time:

I answered your question. You disagree with the answer.

Quote:Does Japan restrict (notice I'm not saying exclude nor did the article I quoted) Immigration?

Different question. The answer to that one is yes.

Quote:Does Japan require strict assimilation to those they do allow?

That's not question that lends itself to a clear answer. I would say they don't accommodate non-Japanese. If you can navigate the country on your own, you'll do ok. If you depend on the society for employment, communication, resources... then you probably won't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Benton - 07-15-2016, 05:46 PM