Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-16-2016, 07:27 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ever hear the expression "I would rather have something and never need it, than need it and not have it."?

Pretty much the same principle.  I have been in situations where I was glad to have my firearm, of course that was when I was deployed and we were ambushed.

In my everyday life, no, I have not had the need.  However remember Luby's, remember the testimony of one Suzanna Gratia Hupp?  Yeah, she had a gun, but due to the legislation and her being a good law abiding citizen she left it in her vehicle.  Then in her everyday life, found herself wishing that just that once she had broken the law and kept her pistol on her.  She wished she had it even though she didn't think she would ever need it.

The question you must answer for yourself is "When can a terrorist attack occur?"

The real problem is that if we allowed people to carry guns into places where they get drunk then many more innocent people would die from drunken shootouts than terrorists attacks.

You can not ignore everything else just to make your self safe from a terror attck.  You have to balance all considerations for public safety.

I think that as long as a person qualifies for a CC permit he should be allowed to take his gun pretty much anyplace except where alcohol is served or government buildings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - fredtoast - 07-16-2016, 10:20 AM