Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-16-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The start a fire was in correlation to you increasing the chances of something happening. But we both probably know why statistically you would increase your chance of violence by carrying a firearm and it has very little with average joe carrying. Folks that play with matches probably have a better chance of causing a fire, but we shouldn't blame it on the matches.

You could use a fire extinguisher, but I used the analogy to show that carrying a firearm is insurance in case of catastrophe, not because your burned the beans.    

Ah, I see what you were saying now. While it has little to do with the average Joe carrying, the mere presence of a firearm can escalate a situation that would otherwise have been without violence. Matches in a drawer don't have the same effect. So I understand what you are saying but there is still a slight increase in risk with a firearm that makes it different.

Also, no, insurance is insurance of a catastrophe. You get robbed at gunpoint and let them take your things, there is insurance. You are injured from getting your ass whipped, stabbed, or shot, there is insurance. You get killed, there is insurance. A firearm is like a fire bucket full of water. It could help, or it could make things worse. Just depends on the situation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Belsnickel - 07-16-2016, 10:57 PM