Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective on Kroft.
(07-17-2016, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been spoiled by Gresham and Eifert.

True, but I was under the impression that these two were our only offensively-productive TEs in a decent while and they were drafted in the 1st round for their pass-catching abilities.  I hope the guy is gang-busters, but I think there is a reason a 3rd round Bengals TE with a notedly limited catching radius gets some skepticism in with the optimism.

I also want him to be great because I like Seals & Crofts...so there is that.

(07-17-2016, 01:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: CJ had him featured in one of their "crazy predictions", or whatever it was actually called.  Anyway, they were suggesting that with Eifert's propensity to be injured, that it wouldn't be entirely crazy to think that Kroft could out produce Eifert this season.  They listed much of the same info, as fredtoast did in the OP.

Personally, I was looking forward to seeing Eifert and Kroft on the field together, in 2TE sets, similar to way NE used Gronk and Hernandez a few years back.  WTS, I totally believe that Kroft can come in, fill in nicely, with little to no drop off in production from the position.

Oh man, call me a downer but I'm worried if Kroft out-produces Eifert this year it means that Eifert either took a major step back and/or spent much of the year injured.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A little perspective on Kroft. - fredtoast - 07-17-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: A little perspective on Kroft. - treee - 07-17-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: A little perspective on Kroft. - Nately120 - 07-17-2016, 01:09 PM