Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv.
(07-18-2016, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Open carry makes you appear as a harder target. There's a local liquor store I go to to get my soda pops and every employee open carries. I can only assume they do this to discourage someone who would attempt to rob them.

Except you're not a harder target, you're a guy with a gun I know I can steal because I know you're armed.  You can't open carry and brandish, a criminal will carry concealed and then shove his gun in your face.  You have almost zero chance as an open carrier to react in a favorable way.  Simple physics, it is faster to act than react.

Quote:Also in the Military we open carry to let you know ours is bigger than yours. 

Yeah, in a potential combat zone open carry is duh.  I'd think the uniform, number of companions and heavy equipment might also be a clear clue as to your being a soldier and all.  Not quite the same situation in civilian life I'd hope you'd agree.

Quote:Do I open carry as a civilian? Nope. Do I hate on those that do? No

Hate on them?  No.  I think they do more damage to the 2A cause than they help, by far.  I think they are misguided and I also think they operate on a completely false principle.  I don't hate them though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-18-2016, 01:26 AM