Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv.
(07-18-2016, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't really tell what your point is anymore.

First you agree that there need to be exceptions.  Then you say we can't have exceptions.

You list examples that you admit are "farfetched" thinking that it somehow proves we should not make exceptions when the example is NOT "farfetched".

My answer is simple.  I believe in exceptions when the grounds are reasonable.  The fact that you can come up with fact patterens that are not reasonable does not change anything.  But when someone asks for an exception on grounds that are "farfetched" or "unreasonable" then I will oppose them just like you.

I think it is probably something left up to the courts to determine the more I think on it. I find myself on both sides, wavering back and forth somewhat as oyu can see, as I can see uses but see the slope we can slide down. I think we need a ruling as to what actually constitutes public safety. I started out with no exceptions, but can cede to some exceptions but I struggle to determine who gets to decide when to suspend constitutional rights.

I fear though the suspending of rights could lead to as much, or more, violence as allowing those people to exercise their rights.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv. - Au165 - 07-18-2016, 02:59 PM