Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv.
(07-18-2016, 11:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: C'mon... he's a defense attorney.
The criminals he talks to don't have to lie to him, with that golden attorney/client privilege (which I can only imagine generates a fair amount of guilt and self-loathing Ninja ).
He never has to deduce vocal inflections, facial ticks, eye movement, and body posturing.

Well.... maybe when he asks if they're good for the check.
Ninja x2

I actually have had very few issues with PD's, CRT's and private defense attorneys.  Most of them know that many of their clients are lying pieces of shit, but they have a legit job to do in court.  It's their job just as much as putting their clients before the court is mine, I certainly don't begrudge them that.  Additionally, I've actually helped the defense on a few occasions when I though a legitimate injustice was being done.  When I have issue with them is when they go all out, no holds barred, attacking the integrity, the basic professionalism, of the people who have put their client before the court.  One of the fondest moments of my professional life was when a trial judge smacked down a DPD who, in a very lawyery way, called me a liar while testifying.  Sheer bliss.  The same attorney told me in the elevator after court that there were no hard feelings and that they were just doing their job.  I informed them that their job didn't involve impugning my integrity in court and that our conversation was over.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Rep. Conv. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-19-2016, 12:10 AM