Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise
(07-19-2016, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Call me mellow yellow. Mellow

Brad was just saying it would be pretty hard to stop a 6'4" and a 6'5" wideout combination that can
both go up for the ball and have speed from i read of his quotes...

Not totally crazy. On the other hand it could be argued that hating on this move is a little crazy.

He said "unstoppable" and when I pointed out that thinking an undrafted WR is going to revolutionize NFL offenses is a bit wacky he started getting a bit defensive.

I'm not hating on the move...I think signing a guy that has great physical charts makes sense and could pay off, but I don't think this is a new idea (Al Davis signed every physical specimen he could), nor do I think it's going to pan out, NOR do I think anyone who is high on this guy is going to be high on him for long.  Some other "could be great" guy will appear and the hype will move to him.  I'd probably have more respect for the "HOLY CRAP, THIS GUY IS GONNA BE GREAT" hype if we didn't so often see how quickly the old prospects get forgotten when a new one shows up.

Right now we have:

Alford
Kumerow
Core
and Simonise

who all fall into the category of "unknown nobody who could be super great."  Sounds good, but we're probably going to be looking at Lafell and Tate winning the jobs and we can just sit around and wonder why Marvin hates giving guys who could be super awesome a shot and why he insists on playing ho-hum vets. That's just on offense, too...I don't recall anyone wondering if Devon Still could make the leap this year, because we've moved on and found new blank slates onto which to project our dreams.

I hope Simonise is great.  I hope he runs and jumps and leaves the Steelers' secondary in the dust.  I hope he and AJ become the top 2-man WR combo in the league.  Personally, I can't just believe he's going to be uncoverable because he's 6'5 BUT I sure as hell hope he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise - Nately120 - 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM