Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Jones, under hateful barrage on Twitter, fights back
(07-20-2016, 09:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: She got all butthurt because Milo trashed her film(he never said anything racist in his Breitbart review), and then she went after him on Twitter, he fought back, and then his followers went after her. In the end Milo got the Twitter ban hammer, because she's too thin skinned and cant take criticism. Twitter being the left leaning platform that it is took action on her behalf.

Read Milos review for yourself and tell me where he's being racist. He always takes his shots at feminists but he never says anything remotely racist in it.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/18/milo-reviews-ghostbusters/

Did she call him racist? Mostly what I saw was a lot of racist attacks against her by his followers. There is no excuse for it, period. Even if she tried to call him racist, the response that came from his followers was atrocious.

Here is my thing, if you want to have a problem with Twitter censoring people, or with people crying racism too much, or whatever, then have a conversation about it. When you brigade someone with racist, sexist, hate filled tirades you are doing nothing but strengthening their position. I don't know what Milo said, nor do I give two shits about him being suspended, legitimately or not. What I'm concerned about is the vitriol in this world. No one deserves the shit she got from the people on there, and what's sad is that this is becoming more and more commonplace and seemingly acceptable.

I will freely admit that Leslie should have just ignored the asshole and moved on with life. She hasn't learned the lesson yet because this was her first major motion picture. But that doesn't come close to justifying what she endured as a result.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leslie Jones, under hateful barrage on Twitter, fights back - Belsnickel - 07-20-2016, 09:51 AM