Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-21-2016, 09:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny how people like to bring up profiling but always fail to think about that maybe the communities that some these cops work in.

Urban communities with a higher volume of people, closer together, have higher volumes of crimes.

Cops who work in predominately black communities are probably going to arrest a majority of black suspects. Why does this always get overlooked? Is it really hard to conceive that black criminals are committing the majority of crimes in black communities? Should be the same for white communities and white criminals. Is it really profiling or just the nature of the job?

Should police ignore crimes being committed by black criminals and only arrest white criminals to make things right?

"Sorry ma'am were not going to arrest the guy you claimed raped you because he's black and I don't want to seem like i'm profiling."

You bring up an excellent point. All the studies and statistics that are thrown out there, I don't think I've seen one address this point.

I'd like to see what the arrests/convictions/beatings/shootings/etc are by demographics per each community. For example, look at Community A. It is 87% black (compared to America's 13.?%). Are around 85-90% of arrests/convictions/beatings/etc. black people? If so, then I'd say that police department has 0 racial issues.

It's like the wage gap myth. If you take all women and all men and compare their salaries, yeah, it looks like women make less. But, when you start to look at the numbers, you see that men generally work longer hours, take less time off, and work at more financially rewarding positions and with that mind, you see that the difference in salaries between men and women is less than 5%.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - PhilHos - 07-21-2016, 12:06 PM