Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio
(07-21-2016, 06:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: First seven games of the season, he had a 3.9 YPC.

Never really said "man that Hill guy is really bad", but wasn't impressed by the pick. He's run for under 4.0 YPC for 3/4ths of his career.

My main concern is that possibly the 3/4ths is closer to what he really is and the other 1/4th was a 2012 BJGE-type situation... In 2012 BJGE had a 5 game stretch where he led the NFL in rushing yards, going for 543 yards on 106 carries (5.12 YPC). The rest of his career with the Bengals he went for 3.33 YPC.

Not buying that comparison. Hill showed more explosiveness and pure speed in his rookie year than Benny ever did. I remember those 5 games in 2012 and Benny was just running through massive holes. Hill actually created some of his big gainers by juking and outrunning defenders.

Not sure what happened last year, but he looked tentative and slow to hit holes...when there was one. Fwiw, after a couple big games early, Gio averaged around 3.5 YPC over the last 7 games. So I agree with Holic that run blocking may be an issue again, as it has been for most of the last decade.

To the OP - Despite the down year, you can't knock the kid's spirit. He loves the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio - Shake n Blake - 07-21-2016, 11:44 PM