Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man
(07-22-2016, 09:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I saw that. So, first, we have a bad shot. And don't get me wrong, I get that the situation can create variables which I have never had to deal with, but I think that this is why having someone take a shot like that where it is their primary function might be good. But second of all, they were going to shoot an autistic person with a toy. Now, yeah, I get that they can think it's a weapon. I was just talking to a cop the other day that almost shot a suspect for pulling out a cell phone because the call was someone threatening people with a gun and it was dark. Things can be mistaken for a weapon. But the guy is trying to shout that it is a toy truck, the person is autistic, and he is a caregiver.

Bad decisions all around.

And I know you aren't necessarily condoning what happened, I had just avoided posting until now and needed to rant a little. I'm not going to sit here and say charges need to be pressed because there is more to that then we have the information on, but there needs to be disciplinary action. Maybe not even towards the shooter, but to whoever gave that order.

Neither of these people were a threat to shoot or kill an officer.  The use of a weapon was wrong.

Discipline should be passed on from the shooter up to the person who signed off on the shooters training.

It won't be.  It will be an "accident" and we'll go right back to nothing ever happened.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man - GMDino - 07-22-2016, 09:21 AM