Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's Most Overrated Player on Each Team
(07-21-2016, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: CBS Sports has a list of the most overrated players on each team, and Sanu makes the list for the Falcons:

I've said all-along that we were smart to let him go because he wasn't worth that kind of money and only looked as good as because he had AJ taking all the attention away from the other receivers.

I think Marvin Jones, who didn't make the list, should also be considered in that same discussion for the same reasons.  However, to build the case even stronger for Jones to be on this list, he's among the top ten highest-paid receivers over the next three years.  The Lions are going to look and feel stupid when it becomes apparent that Jones was just the beneficiary of AJ and Andy.

I was shocked that Jones didn't make the list.

On the other hand, Maualuga made the list for us, which blows me away because who overrates him?

I agree that he has been slipping, but, again, who overrates him?  I think what makes that even more of a stupid claim is that he doesn't play in nickel packages, which is becoming more and more common than the traditional 4-3.

Regardless, if he can stay healthy, I think he'll do ok for us, but I definitely don't think he's the most overrated player on our team.

The team overrates him by making him a starter. Luckily, in the case of the Bengals, they don't have him as a three-down player unless an injury happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL's Most Overrated Player on Each Team - ochocincos - 07-22-2016, 09:24 AM