Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/north-miami-cop-who-shot-unarmed-man-charles-kinsey-i-n614766

Quote:John Rivera, president of the Police Benevolent Association in Dade County, told reporters Thursday that the officer who fired thought Kinsey's life was in danger.

"It appeared to the officers that the white male was trying to do harm to Mr. Kinsey," Rivera said. "In fearing for Mr. Kinsey's life, the officer discharged his firearm trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life and he missed."

Kinsey, who works at the MacTown Panther Group Homes, said the man with autism ran away, and he was attempting to help him when the police encounter unfolded. Police were responding to a call about a possible suicidal man with a gun.

The unidentified officer, described as a 30-year-old Hispanic, was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation. He could face charges depending on the outcome.

"I took this job to save lives and help people," the officer said in a statement Thursday released by the union. "I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."

[/url][Image: 160722_nmiami-cr-0656jpg_1466aec843d79cc...00-700.jpg]

Kinsey, 47, said in an earlier interview with a [url=http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/]local FOX affiliate
 that when he asked the officer why he opened fire, he said he didn't know.

Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, said his client also heard another officer ask the same question.

"The shooting officer said he didn't know why he shot him," Napoleon said, according to NBC Miami.

At a news conference Thursday, North Miami Police Chief Gary Eugene did not detail who was involved or how many shots were fired. He confirmed that no gun was found.

Seriously.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man - GMDino - 07-22-2016, 09:58 AM