Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-01-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really sure what you mean by follow the Old testiment; unless, like Fred, you think I'm out there throwing rocks at homoseuxals.

I am a Baptist and as such "our book" is the New Testiment, as we are focused on the Salvation as explained in its chapters. WTS we consider the Old Testiment the Holy word of God and do not simply dismiss it. Does you faith believe in the Trinity?

It seems I remember you mentioning something on the Mothership about your practices that caught me totally by surprise. It either had to do with Communion or I related it to Communion. Whatever it was I seem to remember asking you to ask your (Pastor?) did he consider the wafer taken at communion to be just a cracker.

To the bold, if you're ok with killing — for any reason — you're only basing that on OT. Using four verses to  use the OT is kind of odd when the following 20ish verses of that go on to say the opposite of the OT. Don't seek vengeance, don't seek violence, don't seek anger.

Like I said, I understand the thinking. Most people I know are that way. They aren't comfortable enough with the NT, so they hang on to the OT because it's human nature and conditioning to respond to things with the way it was in the OT.

With the last part, that was a thread about idolatry. I'm not all in on either aspect, and the pastor wasn't either. We're Methodist and communion is still the last Sunday of the month. But what he was saying, and I see the point, is that if you're taking communion without really trying to take part in communion, it's becoming an idol to you. It's just an empty symbol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - Benton - 07-01-2015, 03:48 PM