Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Stewart's rant on conservatives who support Trump
(07-22-2016, 04:42 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It seems almost everyone that didn't vote for Obama, and more than a few who did, honestly think that.  I didn't hate him in 2008, I didn't believe in many of his policies then but I honestly didn't think he was a divisive demagogue then....no, that's just what I've observed from a POTUS that leads from the bully pulpit.

I find it a bit surprising how anyone, fan or not, would refuse to acknowledge Obama has been a divisive demagogue.  Trump is using the same playbook, just much less dignified about it.  

It wouldn't be working and there wouldn't even be a great divide to exploit if Obama hadn't done his share to further polarize America.

The problem is "his share" at creating the divide has been him being black and a Democrat. He's not responsible for the anger Trump is tapping into, he has just been the person they have directed it at for the last 8 years. There's a reason why Trump's supporters do not care when he blatantly lies or misleads them. He reassures them that what they believe is reality is reality. 

btw, being President IS the bully pulpit. Teddy Roosevelt made that up to describe the office of the President because it is a great (bully) pulpit. It doesn't mean being an authoritarian leader. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Stewart's rant on conservatives who support Trump - BmorePat87 - 07-22-2016, 04:58 PM