Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Stewart's rant on conservatives who support Trump
I have two problems with Trump. The first is him being a demagogue. Obama has been bad and it has been a result of growing tension between him and Congress as they have done nothing but antagonize each other. Trump has not had this going on and he is already coming off like that. If Trump becomes POTUS it will be a joke around the world, much like Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary.

My other issue is the question of his positions. He has made sense on some things, but between his more ridiculous positions and his constant flip-flopping, I just can't trust him on the stuff. I heard a report a while ago talking about Trump supporters tend to dismiss his more wild claims and promises as "he didn't really mean that" type of things. How you can do that, I don't know, but to really support him you'd have to lie to yourself like that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Stewart's rant on conservatives who support Trump - Belsnickel - 07-22-2016, 08:28 PM