Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What's New, Jungle Noise?
I haven't been on here all that much. I contribute that to equal parts lack of time, and general apathy regarding all things Bengals.

I don't have nearly the amount of free time I used to (I used to do the bulk of my posting while working a mind numbing, boring desk job) and with what little time I do have I seem to spend less of it in keeping up with all things sports.

You can chalk that up to any number of things, and apathy is definitely one. Not as so much to say that I don't care at all about the team, it's that I just don't care enough to argue about them anymore. That's not much more for me to say regarding my opinions on how they do things. The arguments and stances don't change all that much. I mean, at some point after going in countless circles you have to stop, right? Do I really need to debate the validity of our free agency approach for the 283rd time, and do I really need to do it with a person that I've disagreed with 85 times before? You can also chalk it up to me gaining a tad of perspective, aging, etc.

I spend more time on a guitar forum these days. And I kinda realized something, I'm just a much nice person on those boards than these. I caught myself a few times thinking about that just posting over there. Ex: "Great thread, thanks for sharing!!!" And thinking that it quite differed than my mindset on here. But I think that's probably just because 1.) I respect a guitar historian more than I do Fred Toast and 2.) A Fender strat is a thing to celebrate, while Marvin Lewis is a giggling puppet. Ninja

Season is coming up, I need to get my game face on. I still strongly dislike Marvin, and am as equally frustrated by Mike Brown's stubbornness, and I can't just let that stand can? No, sir. While now, in the middle of nothingness in the NFL, I'm going to try and be less cynical, and less argumentative, I can't promise that I don't make a few dozen "Let's go/Giggle" jokes come the season.

Oh and one other thing, that truck with the Mike Brown Still Stinks and Trump 2016 sticker Mike mentioned yesterday, that was me. (It wasn't.) Let's make this team great again, and start with releasing Brandon Tate. That dude is hot garbage. Not only is he near literal worthlessness in the receiving game, he's not even that great a return man. He ain't Deven Hester. Get his clown ass a one way pass to the CFL or a gift card to Applebees, and kick shit out the door. Sooner than later. Put the saved coin in that rookie pool or injury settlement fund Hobspin is always yammering about.

In all seriousness, what else is going on? Fill me in. Any exciting news, Bengals or board drama related? I think I'm pretty much caught up in a lot of roster moves, but maybe not. Maybe there's something cool I don't even know about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
So What's New, Jungle Noise? - Wes Mantooth - 07-27-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - jason - 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM