Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What's New, Jungle Noise?
(07-27-2016, 10:20 AM)MTHE Bigzoman Wrote: I imagine it's not even apathy with you. There's just nothing left to talk about. Th same recurring theme happens year after year. You've just bludgeoned it to death to where there's nothing left to talk about. robably natural when we have the same narrative for six years
Pretty much.  I think I finally just wore myself out debating everything that surrounds this team. 

It is what is, I've tried to make my point, and I think a lot of us are clear on who stands where on what issues.  No point in continuing spinning in circles. 

And honestly, I think that's the core of the argument.  Nothing has changed recently with the approach, and you're either for it or against it.  When nothing changes with that then the conversations here will remain the same for many. 

Yes, the team is better than they were 15 years ago. Yes, they're better off than the Browns, or the Raiders, or the Bills.  They've had a better run than a of the peers recently.  And you're either happy enough with that, or hopeful enough that the success will continue and there's potential for improvement, or you think this approach isn't getting us where we ultimately want to be.

I hope they do well, I would love to see it.  I'll watch every game this year just like I have the last 30 years or so.  I'll gladly ask to hop back on the Pro-Marvin or Pro-Conservative Approach bandwagon if it happens.  I just don't hold out  a lot of hope.  And there's no more sense in getting worked up about it.

I feel like my type of fandom almost follow some similar to the stages of grief.

1.) Blind homerism = Denial (This is the year! Me in '93, '94, '95)
2.) Depression (God we're so bad, what did we do deserve this? Me in '98, '99, '00...)
3.) Hope, back to normalcy. Football is fun again. (Me in '03, '04, '05)
4.) Anger. (Me in '10, '11, '12...)
5.) Acceptance. Mike isn't going to change, Marvin isn't going anywhere. We're either going to win this way or not. Oh, well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - Wes Mantooth - 07-27-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - jason - 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM