Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What's New, Jungle Noise?
(07-27-2016, 01:39 PM)iNate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
1.) Football is just around the corner and damn am i excited about a lot of players this year...

2.) Andrew Billings, Darqueze Dennard, WJ3, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Dawson, Vigil, Geno (again), Dunlap (again), Dansby (for hecks sake) etc.

3.) Also very interested in how our new WR's can fill in in the wake of the MLJ, Sanu losses.

Love it when TC comes around every year baby. Rock On

1.) I think I'll be a lot more excited what's preseason starts.  I kinda just took this offseason off for whatever reason.  Lack of time, old age, knowing the approach, etc. 

And f we're being perfectly honestly, I do think Fantasy football has drastically changed my views on the game.  And that could be a bad thing.  Could be a good thing too, I do enjoy it.  Regardless, it's different for now than it was when I was growing up.  I seem to perk up more once I start researching my teams, and I pay attention to a lot more of what's going around on in the league.  But I do think that plays a part in my urgency in Free Agency and how I view our approach vs others. 

2.) I've always really like him.  For some reason Dansby, Boldin, Bush seemed to be guys I've always sung praises of, both as potential fits and value.  And I of course like all of their skillsets.  I'll take an older Dansby any day.  Great value, little to no risk IMO.  Way cooler signing than AJ Hawk IMHO.

3.) Me too.  Surprisingly enough, I love the approach.  I thought both Jones and Sanu were vastly overpaid.  And even at, say, 25% less I'm not sure I want either contract, which is saying a lot. 

You have had offense lead by a plethora talent, with capable of coordinators, one of who I think was great.  A quality starting QB, a well above average line, a top tier Thunder and Lightening running attack, all with AJ Green on one side, and Tyler Eifert at TE.  It's really hard to say how much of that success was playing in that system, with that group, was the result of actual talent and ability.  And I mean, if we really look, exactly how much did Sanu have?  Anywhere near enough to warrant that deal?  Not IMO.  Same goes for Jones.

Weapons are not issue.  Brandon Lafell is capable, and the rookie is intriguing.  I think we're all good there.  I'll take a signing like the one that got Iloka locked up 100 times of 100 over keeping one of those wideouts we lost.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - jason - 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - Wes Mantooth - 07-27-2016, 02:32 PM