Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What's New, Jungle Noise?
(07-27-2016, 09:24 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So What's New, Jungle Noise?

Let's see if I can list the highlights for you without throwing too much of my own opinions into them.

1. The front office has been balking at signing Dwight Freeney, whom the defensive coaches very much would like to have. Instead we seem to be counting on Hunt and Clarke to actually contribute this year. Guessing they're trying to save face or guaranteed money or something or other.
2. Bengals had 6 players in the 2016 top 100 players on the NFL Network. Nelson also made the list, but he's with the Raiders. Adam Jones and Burfict didn't make the list, so for me, we should have had 2 more.
3. The media still doesn't respect the Bengals and most publications have us finishing behind the Squeelers even though it looks like Bell is headed for another drug suspension. Apparently he kept not showing up for drug tests.
4. AJ McCarron was named as the top backup QB by someone or other, which sparked a nice thread of jabbing.
5. Marvin Lewis has even more gray hair, but hasn't lost his giggles.
6. We had another damn good draft in most people's opinion.
7. We spent another 1st rounder on a CB and, if we resign Leon Hall, we'll be back up to 5 1st round corners.
8. Eifert is going to miss games again.
9. Been hearing good things about Tyler Boyd by coaches and players. Some think we might have a better WR group than last year.
10. The Browns reboot version 87 is starting just like the others, clean sweep of everything in sight except the owner's obsession to change everything in sight every two years. Makes for a good laugh.
11. Some people still wonder why Brandon Tate gets flak from the fans.
12. Actually, it's been so freakin' slow that there's a whole thread about the team's pending signing of a rookie free agent who was cut by another team. You know it's damn slow when we start getting those kind of threads.
13. We are currently 2 under the roster limit of 90 going into training camp.
14. Training camp has started!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - jason - 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: So What's New, Jungle Noise? - BengalChris - 07-27-2016, 09:49 PM