Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Percentage of the GOP Know When America Was great?
(07-28-2016, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well yea, but I assume most Trump supporters wouldn't think of 8 years of Clinton as "great" regardless of what was going on.  Seems they romanticize the Regan or Eisenhower years, though I have to admit people saying America was great when we had slavery, women were second class citizens, and people died of the simplest diseases makes me wonder why Trump's supporters don't just run off an join an Amish sect.

no taxes
patriarchal society
no abortion/divorce/homosexuality tolerated...er, I think
religion plays a central role in daily life
strong work ethic
family values
disdain for education and "worldliness"
country over the city
get to have sex with horses

I live around Amish.
As I've mentioned before,  Little Wayne from Amish Mafia runs around here (plays softball, bowls).
Most of the list is true.

no taxes 
(Pretty sure they pay sales tax)

patriarchal society
(True, but many of the men are quite meek)

no abortion/divorce (I think divorce exists in extreme circumstances. Say like the wife is caught cheating and booted out of the community. Men are rarely caught cheating) 

homosexuality tolerated...er, I think (all sexuality is closeted, so don't ask/don't tell)

religion plays a central role in daily life (definitely, until the young ones sneak into town with a change of clothes, to drink up)

strong work ethic (this is most definite)

family values (another definate, but father's do not seem to interact much with children. They take more interest in the boys, as they reach an age where they can carry a heavier workload and expand their skill sets)

disdain for education and "worldliness" (no disdain for education, except maybe higher than 8th grade level, and they think it unnecessary. Also, most of them have cell phones and use generators to power their homes)

country over the city (yep, just chauffeured to town in vans, known as Yoder-toters, to buy groceries)

get to have sex with horses (or any other animals they can get to cooperate. They don't "out" anyone, but admit it happens often)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of the GOP Know When America Was great? - Rotobeast - 07-28-2016, 07:13 PM