Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown will consider honoring players...
(07-28-2016, 11:23 PM)jowczarski Wrote: "Something" is going to happen with the 50th season next year. What, we have no idea. Just think - in 2015 Mike says he's heard the arguments and admits it's his fault for not having something. In 2016 he says hey, next year is our 50th so we'll talk about it then. I think for those fans who want at least a little recognition for some players - or teams - something is on its way. I'm sure it won't be enough for most, even if it was crazy over the top, but it's a start.

To that end, let me shout out Paul Dehner Jr. and our guy Mike Nyerges for our own Ring of Honor podcast series and videos. Here is the last one of four inductees - with links to the first three: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/07/25/bengals-ring-honor-podcast-series-chad-johnson-guest-mo-egger/87519772/
Then why not just say that?  Why not announce that you're doing something then, or at least allude to doing to something?

I mean, we're talking about a business worth over a billion dollars.  And they don't someone there with the PR where-with-all to realize that simply saying you're considering it, after you said the same exact thing the year prior,  continuing to kick the curb down the road, is going to continue incense some of your supporters?

And really, what better time to announce plans for next season than right now?  "Hey, we're going to be doing (insert player recognition/fan celebration here) in 2017, to honor our 50th anniversary."  Planning and construction has already started, or will start, on/in... and will be open on..."

I mean, that sure makes sense to me.  More than, continuing to piss off customers, risking pissing off additional customers, and given the same no-answer you continue to give or a dew different questions.

When exactly are they planning on announcing this thing, a month before camp start next year?  Why wait to even give a vague hint that something is in the works?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - 34inXXIII - 07-28-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - Wes Mantooth - 07-29-2016, 12:40 AM