Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert will never play in the Pro Bowl again
(07-29-2016, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The game needs to be done away with, and should have been years ago.  There is no safe way players can play this game.  Different from other showcases, there is no way to run or tackle someone at half speed.  In fact, I think players are probably more likely to get injured in trying to go through the motions so to speak.

It would be one thing if it was a huge ratings draw that NFL fans loved to see.  But it's not.  No one cares anymore.  Nobody watches, the outcome is meaningless, and more and more players each year are passing on the opportunity to play in it.  It far from the very best of the game.

Have some sort of All Conference selection to acknowledge the players like you do now, just without the game itself.  Turn the weekend into some sort of fan fest with a bunch of safer, more entertaining competitions.

I've long said I would love to see something that resembles a mish-mash of skill challenges and events.  Arm wrestling, tug of war, poker game, some sort of talent competition, relay race, bowling etc.  Take your pick.  Fun events that showcases a lot of the different personalities in the game.  Think something similar to Battle of the Network Stars would work too.

I would be much likely to watch a poker game with 8 NFL coaches than the Pro Bowl.  I would rather see Dez Bryant bowl than see him playing in the Pro-Bowl  I would love to watch something like Geno Atkins vs Suh in some sort of weight lifting competition.  Make it where each event has a donation to the winners charity of choice.

The Pro Bowl sucks.  Nothing about it is fun.  No one cares.  Get rid of it.
They've had skill competitions before at the pro bowl. I remember very specifically Chad tearing it up and it was very entertaining to watch. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert will never play in the Pro Bowl again - treee - 07-29-2016, 02:45 PM