Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert will never play in the Pro Bowl again
(07-29-2016, 01:56 PM)treee Wrote: Man I really thought Irons could have been a really great RB for us. 

I still don't understand what the hell happened to him.  And I've never gotten anything close to an answer either.

It's not like he tore his ACL in 1948.  It was 2007.  A young guy his age should have been able to come back from that.  And even if it was just that bad, it still makes little sense to me that he was never heard from again.  It's one thing to give it a go and just never come back to form.  But it's another thing entirely to disappear forever.

He didn't even make in to camp the following year.  How bad does a knee injury have to be to not even given a 21 year old 2nd round pick a camp spot?  How does he not get a work out with someone down the line?  In season, the following season, the season after that...  At some point you would have thought you would have heard something.  "Kenny Irons stages comeback"  "Kenny Irons resurfaces in CFL"  "Kenny Irons worked out by Redskins"...  Something.

It's like he fell off the face of the map.  I felt there were little updates on his rehabilitation, and then he was just waived ASAP, never to be heard from again.  Did he tear his knee or did fall on a land mine?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert will never play in the Pro Bowl again - Wes Mantooth - 07-29-2016, 02:49 PM