Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown will consider honoring players...
(07-28-2016, 11:23 PM)jowczarski Wrote: "Something" is going to happen with the 50th season next year. What, we have no idea. Just think - in 2015 Mike says he's heard the arguments and admits it's his fault for not having something. In 2016 he says hey, next year is our 50th so we'll talk about it then. I think for those fans who want at least a little recognition for some players - or teams - something is on its way. I'm sure it won't be enough for most, even if it was crazy over the top, but it's a start.

To that end, let me shout out Paul Dehner Jr. and our guy Mike Nyerges for our own Ring of Honor podcast series and videos. Here is the last one of four inductees - with links to the first three: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/07/25/bengals-ring-honor-podcast-series-chad-johnson-guest-mo-egger/87519772/

At this point, fans will take anything. Even a small banner will a couple of names stitched on it. It's crazy how we don't honor some of the best in team history.

(07-29-2016, 01:05 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I will say that, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that Mike comes off as more likable (to me at least) as an actual person, and as time goes on.  And I do forget that when it comes to a lot of these guys, that they're actual people and not just owners, players, coaches, etc.

Andy Dalton, as an example, seems  like a pretty incredible human being.  And, at the end of the day, when reminded of these things, I know I should value that a great deal more.  I'll take a decent to good player, and a good to great person, over a great player, who's a scumbag, every single time.  I'll take a Reinard Wilson if it means not having a Greg Hardy.

Mike seems like an ok guy. Probably fantastic work for.  I like that he seems down to earth, and that he's self aware.  
He's a lot more relatable and real than someone like Jerry Jones.  He's not a phoney (looking at you Robert Kraft).  And he's a smart man.  But geez, he doesn't make it hard to like him sometimes.

I have found myself feeling the same about Mike. I was always frustrated when he said practically nothing in his two media interviews a year for a long time. Then there was the "Themes" statement during 2008. The press conference following the 2010 season had him as public enemy #1 by a mile.

Now that he's stepped back, he seems more open. He's willing to admit to some of his mistakes. I actually look forward to hear what he's going to say.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - 34inXXIII - 07-28-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - Bengal Dude - 07-29-2016, 04:20 PM