Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
34inXXIII - 2016 HOF Inductee
Just wanted to offer my congrats to 34. While I can't say that I know him very well, I can say that I always thought he did a tremendous job of moderating, especially in that he always seem to come across as extremely fair and open to other's opinions.

There always seems to be such a respectful, and well thought out response and/or counter in his posts, to whatever was the discussion. And that's a lot harder said than done. I know I can't often do it. I'm as guilty as anyone at flying off the handle and getting into petty bickering and back and forth. And I know many of the more active members can't always do it either. But that never seems the case with 34. His posts never seem petty, or baited, or calculated, or whatever word choice you would like to choose to describe much of the disagreements we see on sites and forums like these.

I respect nothing more (on here) than someone taking the time to write out a well-worded response to someone. And he does this pretty muc h every single time. I mean, we're obviously here mainly for discussion's sake, and taking the time to properly articulate your stance drives the conversation. Moreso than many of 1 to 2 sentence rebuttals we see, that are really just thinly veiled digs. Even if two remembers disagree, taking the time to write out a decent response at least shows them the debate is worth their time.

Lastly, there is very fine line between not writing enough and writing too much or, put differently, not putting in the appropriate effort needed to make your point, and putting in so much effort that your point is lost in a wall of words. (Aint nobody got time for that!) I may struggle with this more than anyone. I assure everyone, there are times as I'm writing I'm thinking that I'm just rambling at that point or that, "Man, this post is blowhard stuff. Make your damn point and shut up." I know that about myself. While his post always seem to rather well thought out, while not teetering on their point of me wanting to skim through to the bottom. Basically, there are very readable. Which is why I am here.

34 has always been more than respectful to me and, from what I have seen, to everyone else as well. He's obviously a very smart guy, and I always enjoy his posts, and especially his replies. So congrats, brotha!!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 34inXXIII - 2016 HOF Inductee - xxlt - 07-20-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: 34inXXIII - 2016 HOF Inductee - 34inXXIII - 07-21-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: 34inXXIII - 2016 HOF Inductee - Wes Mantooth - 07-29-2016, 09:29 PM