Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
This is just another rehashed version of the "when does _____ begin?" Instead of the customary life question this is about personhood (is that a word?)

Since the fetus has yet to be born into the world and there is no birth certificate registered, I would imagine that they do not have constitutional rights. If a 39 week fetus is given rights, it starts up the line of questioning if a 38 week old fetus has rights, all the way to the original "does life began at conception?"

I think that the rights being granted at birth is the best attempt by the law to turn what is the grayest of gray areas into something with more defined boundaries.

As for the murdering of a pregnant woman, one would have to analyze the laws in each state as to how it is approached. I personally would object to it being charged as two separate homicides, but I think many states apply aggravating circumstances and/or sentencing enhancements when applicable. That's on a state by state basis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - CKwi88 - 07-30-2016, 08:45 AM