Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(07-31-2016, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you notice the term Citizen is clearly described; however, the word used when talking about denial of life is person. So the issue would be when does the unborn become a person (human being). I would assume  pro illegal-immigration folks might also point to this distinction. 

Ambiguity is certainly a great word to describe all of this. I hope the OP is able to see the productive back and forth between a number of us on how unclear all of this really is. Even if rights are yours at birth, we as a nation see that a late term pregnancy is vital and afford protections to that fetus/baby/human. It comes down the same question that comes up in abortion debates: when are you recognized as a person? Certainly birth is one of the most concrete spots to start.

Quote:Like I said earlier Clinton is not "wrong" in what she said; however if you listen to the interview (BTW, the interview is about 4 months old), she points to a woman's choice as the deciding factor, not the woman's well-being. This could leave one to believe that she would be allow an abortion to happen this late in the process.

Yea, I had to google this one to find the full context. I'll disagree with anyone who gets that impression and say that the fact that she believes in a woman's right to make a choice doesn't mean she would inherently be for late term abortions. For all I know, she may, but it just means she doesn't believe in abortions only for the sake of the mother's health. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - BmorePat87 - 07-31-2016, 10:51 PM