Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds trade Jay Bruce to Mets for Dilson Herrera
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/8/1/12268968/jay-bruce-trade-reds-mets-brandon-nimmo

And a few other prospects I suppose.

I looked and Brandon Nimmo was apparently the Mets #5 overall prospect.

I didn't see him on any top 100 prospect lists though, so I'm kind of annoyed with this trade. You'd think the NL RBI Leader with an extra year on a relatively team friendly deal would net at least one premium prospect.

We'll see how this shakes out.

Nimmo, by all accounts, is a decent prospect. Hits for average, currently batting .336 in AAA. Not much power but has shown potential in batting practice (similar to what they say about Nick Senzel).

He plays in the OF, so he will likely slot right into Jay's spot in a month or so.

Overall, not thrilled with this trade but it seems like we sold high on Jay. I feel kind of bad for the Mets because I would definitely not have traded for such a streaky player.

Especially since Jay has been on a high all month, he's destined to bottom out in August.

We'll see though.

Good to see the Reds trying to make moves. Just wish we could have gotten a premium prospect for Bruce.

EDIT:
Actually, the centerpiece was Dilson Herrera. I like this trade better. See the posts below for a bit of information on him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds trade Jay Bruce to Mets for Dilson Herrera - CJD - 08-01-2016, 02:32 PM