Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary Clinton.... not a role model
(08-01-2016, 03:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I always have disliked the idea of role models. I've never had one because I'm cynical. Everyone has faults. It's like when people get pissed about a professional athlete showing themselves to be morally bankrupt. They are a human being and human beings are flawed. Don't put people on a pedestal. Are their traits I like about certain people? Absolutely. Can I agree or disagree with someone on politics and still find things I like and dislike about them? Yep. Am I going to put any of these people up on a pedestal? Hell no.

I should take a moment to say, however, that I do expect people in the public light to act respectable. But I honestly expect it of everyone. I hold everyone to the same standards, including myself. Everyone falls short, though. That's life.

Nobody said role models are faultless or have to be on a pedestal, but if you admire someone and what they have achieved or how they have lived their life, there is nothing wrong with trying to do things as they did.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary Clinton.... not a role model - michaelsean - 08-01-2016, 04:14 PM