Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary Clinton.... not a role model
(08-01-2016, 03:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I always have disliked the idea of role models. I've never had one because I'm cynical. Everyone has faults. It's like when people get pissed about a professional athlete showing themselves to be morally bankrupt. They are a human being and human beings are flawed. Don't put people on a pedestal. Are their traits I like about certain people? Absolutely. Can I agree or disagree with someone on politics and still find things I like and dislike about them? Yep. Am I going to put any of these people up on a pedestal? Hell no.

I should take a moment to say, however, that I do expect people in the public light to act respectable. But I honestly expect it of everyone. I hold everyone to the same standards, including myself. Everyone falls short, though. That's life.

I agree, I don't have a public role model either.  However, I do have a role model.  A man that I idolized as a child, rebelled against as a youth, and have grown to become best friends with as an adult.  That man, my Father.

I realize that sounds a bit sappy, particularly in a P&R thread, but it's the truth.  If more American men were actual fathers to their children, I could easily see half of the US perceived problems disappear.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary Clinton.... not a role model - SunsetBengal - 08-01-2016, 07:25 PM