Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary Clinton.... not a role model
(08-01-2016, 11:18 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, the historical figure was not worthy of being a role model ?

I have honestly not read of the differences.

Any preferred links on the topic ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I am not going to say he wasn't worthy of being a role model. As I have said, I admire his teachings. But I think it has already been discovered that what I admire about someone would qualify them as a role model for most people. One of my favorite books on the subject is Zealot. That is the most recent that I have read, but there have been others over the years saying similar things. Aslan just does a very good job of making it accessible to a normal person. The book does a good job of providing context. The reason the Hebrew Bible is important to Christians still is because it helps us understand the world in which Jesus lived. This does the same sort of thing.

A lot of people have problems with it because it can challenge their faith, and that makes them fearful. So I don't necessarily recommend it unless you aren't Christian or you can handle a more scholarly bent. Those who believe the gospels to be the gospel truth may be disappointed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary Clinton.... not a role model - Belsnickel - 08-02-2016, 07:47 AM