Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(08-02-2016, 05:36 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hilarious

1) Take the word bass, for example.  If the subject is fish and you're talking about a guitar then someone's definition of bass is "more wrong" based upon the context in which bass was used.

Yeah, "folks" like these . . .

2) Did you ever wonder why they call 'em a "babysitter" instead of a "fetussitter"?  Because babies aren't fetuses despite what "folks" might call them.

I want you to click "Search."  Enter "definition" into the keyword field.  Enter "Bfine32" in username field.  Scroll down and click the "posts" button at the end of "Search Results as" and then click the "Search" button.  What search results do you get?  Six pages of results like this . . .

3) Isn't that exactly what you just accused me of doing?

4) A fetus is "unborn."  Unborn means before birth.  When is it "born"?  At birth.  After it is born is it "unborn"?  No.  Can it be "born" and "unborn" simultaneously before or after birth?  No.  Therefore, by definition, a fetus is only a fetus if it is "unborn."  So when does a fetus become a baby?

5) Holy shit!  Exactly what I wrote in post #17 before you "didn't" argue about "another" definition "again."

6) At the end of the 10th week of pregnancy, your baby is no longer an embryo. It is now a fetus, the stage of development up until birth.

7) Do we need to confirm "up until birth" means the fetal stage ends at "birth" and the "etymology" of "neonate"?

1) I can only assume that you have never heard the terms homonym and homograph. Must be a confusing existence not knowing these things exist.

2) No I never wondered this and just because a baby is not a fetus, does not mean a fetus cannot also be a baby. Another dynamic that ecsapes you that most likely makes life more confusing. Here let me blow your mind: A square can also be a rectangle, but a rectangle can never be a square. I know: mind blown.

3) I suppose we could go back and see who accused whom first, but I'm quite sure you pulled the card first.

4) Seems as if you are kind of repeating yourself here. Please refer to answer #2 (once your briain stops spinning) to find your answer.

5) Simply pointed out that you chose to use the exclusive definition of a word that has inclusive meanings. As your orginal answer whas "when a baby can breathe on its own". Other might rightly, consider the fetus a baby capable of breathing on its own.

6) Good simple explaination about the stages of pregnancy.

7) A continuation of simple biology. I can only imagine someone of your POV is a hoot at a baby shower:

Person A: "Can I feel the baby kick?"

Person B: "It's not a baby, it's a fetus; hell I don't even know why we are calling this event a baby shower; it should be a fetal gathering".

This will be my last point-by-point discussion with you on this matter; as it has grown petty in nature. Feel free to believe the same word can only mean one thing and confuse inclusive/exclusive definitions with homonyms and homographs. Just be prepared to get dismissed quite frequently.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - bfine32 - 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM