Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far.
TV Land (a private company) cancels reruns of an old show because they likely feel the negative attitude towards the confederate flag will scare off advertisers and/or viewers. You (a private citizen) have the freedom to purchase this show on DVD and watch it to your heart's content. The government isn't rounding up every copy of the Dukes Of Hazard and burning it for the good of the populace, so what is the issue?

Geez, all you free-market freedom-lovers getting your panties in a bunch because a business (TV Land) made a business decision based on PR and bottom-line metrics. As I stated, I think Amos and Andy is a funny show, my ol' man grew up watching it, but it was deemed racist so it's not on TV. We got the DVDs and we watched it. Simple as that. If you ask people what Amos and Andy is I'm sure they will mention white people in blackface, and that isn't what it is but perception trumps all.

Don't fight it, just circumnavigate the BS. The government isn't stopping you from watching this show.

It reminds me of a guy I knew who was all in a tizzy because the "government" made it so every phone call to a business makes him press 1 for English. I told him if he wants to make it known that he isn't OK with that to refuse to spend money at any business that has a Spanish option on the phone system. Good luck with that, but that's what you do. It's Wal Mart's fault for alienating you by having the gall to want to sell a zillion dollars worth of crap to people who dare to have English as a second language. The government didn't do this, a private organization did because it wants......

MONEY!

Everything is about money. TV Land is doing this for the money. Blame the government and freedom and Obama and liberals and conservatives and your neighbor's chinchilla all you want...it hain't going to do any good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far. - Nately120 - 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM