Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-01-2015, 12:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, seriously. Why is killing a combatant okay, but abortion isn't?

For a variety of reasons, suffice it to say that a combatant is an adult that is trying to kill you and abortion is the murder of an innocent child. 

oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:Doesn't seem like you are morally opposed to the idea of killing. In fact, it seems as if it is morally acceptable for soldiers to kill. Why is killing morally acceptable under certain conditions and unacceptable under other conditions?

Actually, I am morally opposed to the idea of killing, but I do recognize that there are times when it is necessary. For example, if one of my kids' life was on the line and the only way to save it was to kill the person threatening them, you'd best believe that I would do the deed. With that said, the Bible is not opposed to the idea of killing, when it's justified.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - PhilHos - 07-02-2015, 11:55 AM