Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The indispensables
(08-02-2016, 04:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm right with you on Andy and AJ. I'm on the fence when it comes to Carlos and Pacman. I'd say Carlos more than Pacman only because I'm not sure about the D-end depth at the moment and defensive fronts are so important in helping the back end of the defense. And as good as burfict is we've seen this team play very well without him, so I personally am not sure he's indispensable, at least not to the extent of the afore mentioned guys. And with big whit I guess the question is, how good are ogbuehi and fisher. If they are up to that task could we weather that storm? I'm not sure. A case can certainly be made for all of these guys though.

I look at Carlos and Geno as kind of a package because to me they represent our pass rush and I'm not sure one is as effective without the other. Although Dunlap held his own when Atkins was down. Good points made about Burfict I'm on the fence about him being indispensable but I do think he brings some toughness and emotion that is hard to match. In my opinion the defense is still one of the best if Burfict disappeared tomorrow and V.Rey had to take his place though so it may be fair to not include him on the list. It sounds like Adam Jones has reached a level with his play where he is a top corner in the league but his lack of control on the field makes it hard to for the team to rely on him at times. I feel like there is a much bigger drop off from Jones to Kirk then from Burfict to Vinny. At this moment I think Whit is on the list because I'm not sold on his backups and he is one of the leaders. We just haven't seen enough from Fisher or Ced for me to feel secure if Whit got injured.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The indispensables - The Real Deal - 08-02-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: The indispensables - GreenCornBengal - 08-02-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: The indispensables - The Real Deal - 08-02-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: The indispensables - CageTheBengal - 08-02-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: The indispensables - The Real Deal - 08-02-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: The indispensables - CageTheBengal - 08-02-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: The indispensables - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: The indispensables - jason - 08-02-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: The indispensables - Jpoore - 08-02-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: The indispensables - masonbengals fan - 08-02-2016, 07:47 PM