Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15
(08-03-2016, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two things that immediately stick out to me:

Claiborne and Dre have almost identical stats in the same amount of time in the NFL, but one's a bust and one's slightly above average.

Mark Barron is not a CB, but I would take him any day of the week over Dre

Now if you look at the CBs that went immediately after Dre (the ones we actually had a chance to get) you have:

Janoris Jenkins
Casey Hayward
Trumaine Johnson
Josh Robinson

Go to the next year and look at the CBs that went immediately after the Bengal pick and you have:
Desmond Trufant
Xavier Rhoades
Darrius Slay
Johnathan Banks

How many of them would you take over Dre?

Barron was drafted as a DB for Tampa Bay, they traded him away for 4/6 pick and then he started playing LB.. so yes Barron was a bust at DB.. no way Clairborne had a better year than Dre last year plus he was #7 pick in draft so yes he is a bust so far.. Barron was #7 pick.. so to trade like three years later and get a 4/6 for a previous #7 pick in draft.. that equals did not work out.  My point is some act like all #1 rounders have great success but in reality many do not achieve that level of play.  Dre is not close to a bust... and is still a starter where some of these players are not or are in much worse shape than Dre
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15 - Essex Johnson - 08-03-2016, 07:24 PM