Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(08-03-2016, 01:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I once explored the "Why don't men get a say in the pregnancy?" slant is an abortion thread before.

(08-03-2016, 04:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are a lot of reasons why a women may want an abortion, but that doesn't change the underlying philosophical reasoning for why she can have the abortion: it's her body and only she has a say over her body.

Until a man can get pregnant and it is his body, it will always be this way.

(08-03-2016, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt, the her body. her choice does not cover this inequality.

I of the mind that anything that comes from the union of man and woman should be equally shared and each party should have equal rights and responsibilities.

(08-03-2016, 06:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As I said, when the burden of carrying it can be shared equally by the man, then they will have an equal say in aborting it. 

(08-03-2016, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and when a woman can get pregnant by herself she should have sole say. Outside of that it takes 2 to tango responsibility and rights to the offspring should be equally shared. 

But I'm for equal rights; regardless of biological sex. 

This is the first time you wrote off me saying that the fact that her body is burdened by pregnancy as simply "because she's a woman". 

(08-04-2016, 12:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: How does this change the fact that the fetus only grows in the woman's body? Should a rapist be allowed to get a court order barring his victim from getting an abortion because he had a role in creating the fetus?

(08-04-2016, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So the woman gets an unequal say in the offspring because here biological make up?

Not giving the man control over anything more than having equal say in the welfare of his offspring.

Here's the deal; You, Pat and others say the woman has a greater say in the result of an activity they both freely participated in for no other reason than her biological make up.

Seems folks only want to draw the line at biology when it fits their needs.

Here you do it twice, despite me now having said 3 times that it's because she is the one who is pregnant.

(08-04-2016, 12:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The woman gets a say over what happens with her body. No one else does. She has an unequal burden. When you can explain how to make that burden equal, you'll have your answer as to when the man legally has an equal say over ending the pregnancy. 

(08-04-2016, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The best logic I can get for this is" Because given her biological make up, she is the one that must carry the child. So if she doesn't want it; she can kill it."

What do we do in cases where the male identifies as the mother. Deep down inside he knows he is the mother and can feel the connection in his body and went the mother aborts he feels a piece of him has been taken?

"Sorry dude, you are a male."

Now, after 4 times saying that a woman decides when to abort because she is physically burdened by pregnancy, your response still is "sorry, you're a dude".

Planned Parenthood v Casey found that the fact that the pregnancy directly affects the woman's body means she has the ultimate say over the pregnancy. If you have some way of explaining how this can become a situation in which it burdens the man's body equally, then you'll have your answer as to when the man has a say over it. I've said this before. I won't say it again. You're not worth wasting time on when you act like this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - BmorePat87 - 08-04-2016, 12:53 PM