Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Simple Tips for a Successful Marriage
(07-02-2015, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was in a relationship where I attempted to give in and let her do things her way after a number of pointless battles involving stating my actual thoughts on things, but she was unhappy because she didn't want me to give in.  Basically, she wanted to do things her way but she wanted me to WANT to do things her way without having to give in and just let her win.  It was pretty frustrating.

She would get upset when I argued or attempted to even debate my point/my way but when I gave in and decided that just doing things her way was good enough for me she took that as me not wanting or being capable of being involved in a working relationship.  She was a pain in the arse.  So in summation, just giving in doesn't always work either.

Its a fine art.

With my wife she will ask why or how to do something and immediately tell me I can't be right when I answer.

I often just let her do it her way until she asks for help.  When I fix whatever problem it is she inevitably ask how I did it.  To which I just shrug and tell her my way must have worked.

I've also learned how to bring up a subject (say a new television) and allow her to argue until she has decided it is not only a good idea, but also that it was HER idea since she "won" the argument.

We've been together for 21 years and married of almost 19...the "discussion" are fewer and fewer these days.  But I've always told her that of all the women I dated she was the only one I really ever argued with.  I didn't want to make waves before that.  So I guess that's why we've worked out so well for so long.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Simple Tips for a Successful Marriage - GMDino - 07-02-2015, 01:57 PM