Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year
(08-04-2016, 08:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Simple question:  Would you say you're more confident or less confident heading into 2016 than you were in 2015?  Or perhaps equally confident?

Personally, I am less because of the loss of Hue and him being replaced by Ken Zampese.  Not only do I think that Hue was special, and had a big, big hand in this team's performance last year, but I think Zampese is rather lazy hire.  Now all that said, I still think this team is more than capable of winning the division, and that the talent level is more than adequate.  I just think the downgrade (IMO) at OC hurts a little.

As far as postseason success, my confidence remains the same.  I believe they have little to no chance of ever succeeding in the postseason under Marvin Lewis.  I guess that's all I really need to say there.

What says you?  Are you feeling now vs last year?

More confident.

Andy already took the jump last year and he didn't get some new OC coming in. I think Zamp will let Dalton run the
Offense more and i also believe that Hue was predictably unpredictable last season at times with the Tackles out wide
and such. It will take a bit for the new WR's to get on the same page with Dalton i am sure but with Boyd's hands and
his ability to be a multi weapon i think we got an upgrade over Sanu already. Plus we already have glowing reviews of
this guy and many others.

Eifert is looking good as far as the injury already, has the boot off and it is still very early with the injuries to Dennard
and Kroft who should be ready opening day.

Our OL should be better this year with Ogbuehi starting at RT instead of Andre who i think played pretty bad last year.

We have yet to see both Gio and Hill play at their best either, at the same time. Look out when this happens.

That is just the Offense...

Our Defense is the real reason i think we will be the team to beat this year. Once the coaches start seeing Billings with
quality snaps it will only be a matter of time before they start pairing him with Atkins. This will be unstoppable up the
middle cause both are just too damn strong.

The LB core looks better than i have ever seen as a fan especially once Burfict is back week 4. Dansby was a huge
addition as a coverage backer that we have never seen here and if Flowers, Vigil and Dawson can learn from our two
main LB'ers in Burfict and Dansby we have a lot of talent that could be great on down the road.

The Secondary was pretty much kept together with the re-signing of Adam and George and this is one of the best
Secondary's in the league and we just brought back Coyle who i didn't want to lose in the first place.

The only questions i have are the Center and the Ends behinds Dunlap and MJ.

We will see how this pans out.

But as of right now i see us just improving on our record from last year as we have every year with Dalton and AJ...

13-3
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2016, 09:12 PM