Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Gets Respect From Madden
(08-05-2016, 12:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton played his best ball last year and he's had very good talent around him his entire career. QBs like Tannehill hasn't had anyone like AJ Green on his team for even a game let along his entire career.

But, at least Dalton kept at it and turned things around. After 2014 and the many playoff failures, he needed to show up and he did. So we have to give him credit for that.

Of course. He deserves all the credit for that.

But I don't think he did enough for me to safely say he's "elite" so to speak. Very few QBs are, for one, and two, Dalton has been very blessed in having a stout defense behind him. It more often than not put him in great spots to score.

Which draws me to my last point: He's not AaRon Rodgers, but that's OKAY!

Let's assume the worst and say that i'm correct, he isn't "elite". He doesn't have to be. You don't have to be a phenom to win the Super Bowl. It helps, but being non-terrible with a stout defense can get you to the big dance too. The 2015 Broncos shredded my doubts on that.

Now, do I think last year provided proof that Dalton is serviceable? Yes, yes it did. Does Dalton deserve the credit/respect of an above-average quarterback? Absolutely. (mentioning this because of the endless complaints about being 'negative" and "trolling" around these parts)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Gets Respect From Madden - THE Bigzoman - 08-05-2016, 01:35 AM