Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Simple Tips for a Successful Marriage
(07-02-2015, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that none of the experts here are talking about how to handled the situation when the woman ended up being right and they were wrong.

Or did that just never happen?

I admitted I was wrong.

I just don't argue for the sake of arguing though.  If I ask her why its because she knows the answer and I don't have one.  When she asks me my answer is wrong until I can prove it even though she doesn't have one.

She thinks I "make stuff up" like why the sun appears red at sunset or some other simple fact and then refuses to believe me until I can show her someone else said it too.

One of my favorites is she'll have a problem with her laptop.  The WiFi is working say.  So she keeps complaining that she doesn't know why it isn't working rather than going over and checking the router or modem.  I go over and reset everything and when it all comes back on she wants to know why it stopped in the first place.  Since I don't have that answer except to say that they are electronic and sometimes they don't work and need reset she keeps asking about all kinds of OTHER reasons like the neighbors on our signal, problems with the cable provider or my my favorite:  something *I* did!   Smirk

I told my dad about a year ago that I finally figured out why he says so little when my mother (a lovely Italian woman) argues over every little detail of something.  Its not worth it most of the time.  Let them do it their way and if they're right you didn't argue, and if they're wrong you just go fix it and don't make it look like they were wrong.

But, again, I admit when I'm wrong.  And then I move on.  Something my wife doesn't do as easily.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Simple Tips for a Successful Marriage - GMDino - 07-02-2015, 02:37 PM